Bobbie graduated from Rice University in Houston, Texas with a BA in History in 1976. Since that time, she has had over 35 years of accounting experience, 22 of which include tax services and consulting. In March 1998, Bobbie completed the Financial Planner Program at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta. She received her CFP® designation in June of 1998. Bobbie provides clients with well-informed, personally tailored advice on a variety of financial issues. She is well known for her “out of the box” thinking.
Bobbie believes that money issues are inexorably intertwined with every other facet of life. She encourages clients to work toward a plan that integrates their financial lives with their physical, spiritual, emotional, community and family lives. She believes that truly integrated financial solutions are certain to provide clients with a greater sense of well-being and satisfaction in addition to a greater opportunity for financial success.
Bobbie is the President of Supporting Your Choices Inc. (formerly Fraser Financial). Her comments have been published in a wide variety of print and online media to include the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. Other memberships and accomplishments:
- Past President / Chairman of the Financial Planning Association of Georgia
- 2007 Winner / Financial Planning Association’s national “Heart of Financial Planning Distinguished Service Award”
- 2009 Winner / Financial Planning Association of Georgia Honor’s Award
- Member of National Association of Personal Financial Advisors / NAPFA (www.napfa.org)
- Former Treasurer / Board member NAPFA South Region
- Member Financial Therapy Association (www.financialtherapyassociation.org)
- 2009, 2010, 2011,2012, 2013, 2014 Atlanta Magazine “Best of Atlanta” Wealth Manager (until she left Atlanta)
- Chairman of the Concord Coalition’s Atlanta Fiscal Advisory Council.
- Chairman of the Richard C. Munroe Foundation (www.rcmfoundation.org)
- Member of the Nazrudin Project
- Member of the Georgia Consortium for Personal Financial Literacy
- Regular volunteer for financial literacy projects and Kiplinger’s “Jump Start Your Retirement.”
Bobbie traded her city life in Atlanta for “green acres” near Havana, FL, a small community just north of Tallahassee. This area is “home” for her very large family (her father was the 17th of 18 children). She is enjoying the slow pace of country life and enjoys fishing and spending time with her nieces and nephews. She returns to Atlanta many times a year to visit with clients.
Mike joined the team at Supporting Your Choices, Inc. in 2015. He is a graduate of the University of Georgia, with a BBA degree in Finance. Starting off in the Fortune 500, Mike quickly figured out that big business was not for him and started and operated several closely held businesses over the last 30 years, definitely enjoying financial planning and wealth management the most. In 2006, Mike completed the Certified Financial Planner™ curriculum at Boston University and earned his CFP® designation in 2009. Before joining Supporting Your Choices, Inc, he was President of White Street Advisors, his own firm. He is an avid and active polo player, speaker and author, loving father and full time member of the human race. Other memberships:
- Past Board Chair of CASA for Children, a Cherokee County advocacy organization serving kids going through the juvenile court system due to abuse, abandonment or neglect
- Serves as a Board Member of Green Pets America, a no-kill animal rescue organization serving north Georgia
- Past President of Cherokee Toastmasters.
Mike lives in Atlanta, GA.
Deanna Corbitt originally joined the staff at Fraser Financial in July 2000. She received her Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from the University of Dayton in 1992. Since that time, she has had years of accounting experience including tax preparation and small business accounting. She passed her CPA examination in the spring of 2000, but decided to join our staff rather than pursue the experience requirement for her designation. In July 2004, Deanna successfully completed the Financial Planner Program at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta, Georgia and passed her CFP® Certification Examination, a 2-day rigorous test covering investments, retirement planning, tax planning, estate planning, and insurance planning. In November, 2004 she was granted the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification. Over the past 8 years, Deanna worked part-time as she began her family. She has a daughter Lily and a son Henry. Now that they are both in school, she will expand her role at Supporting Your Choices.
Deanna and her family live in Atlanta, GA.
Although Jennifer has her own company, Full Plate Inc, and provides support services to several clients, she is definitely a part of the team at Supporting Your Choices Inc. She joined us in 2009 and things haven’t been the same since…they have been much better! She continues to work with Bobbie to provide clients with a consistent, streamlined process. She handles many of the day-to-day activities leaving more time for Bobbie to concentrate specifically on client work. We simply don’t know what we would do without her.
Jennifer lives with her husband in Longmont, CO where she enjoys hiking, biking, and climbing.
The CFP® Mark
CFP® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ are certification marks owned by the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Board of Standards, Inc. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete the CFP® Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. For more information visit www.cfp-board.org.